Thursday, September 20, 2018

What is Greatness..



We all casually say - this one is great, that one is superb.. What exactly is greatness, finesse in any field, the epitome of excellence ?? This is my take.. For some reason I was constantly thinking of one of the Indian Business leaders whom I immensely admire -Apurva Purohit (CEO of the Jagran Group) and Vivek Kamath-MSD Pharmaceuticals Managing Director (it is the company where I work, when I wrote this :)). In fact a casual conversation with Vivek was the inspiration for this poem
For me both of the leaders stand for varied degrees of excellence ...

Greatness
What is it
A craft
An art
Hours of preparation
Dull repetition
But a lot of smarts
Thought and intuition
A dash of creativity
And fun
All mingle together
In the right proportion
With  right timing and logic
In the correct sequence
To create this magic
Which lands like an eagle with great swiftness
On a mighty mountain peak
Called Greatness

Dedicated to all great thinkers and people I know and admire from all fields- writers, business leaders, poets, painters, artists, film directors, economists , designers, sportspeople etc



No comments:

Two Roads

Two roads running along side each other .                                 The try to meet but don’t bother . The seem to meet and then depar...